I found this DIY while I was scrolling through pinterest and thought these would be so cute for different holidays to decorate with! I am always looking for something new to add to my tiered trays and I love how these mug toppers look! I decided to figure out how to make these work, so you could make them too!
Here’s what you need:
Fast Drying Lightweight Spackling
Paint (colors of your choice)
Disposable Pastry Bags
Large star tip
Cardboard or foam board
Paper Straws, cinnamon Sticks, confetti or any other decor you want to add!
What to do:
- Pick your mug that you want to use! I used mule glasses but coffee cups are fun to use as well!
- Trace the top of your mug on cardboard or foam board and then cut out the circle
- Cover a scrap piece of cardboard with aluminum foil or wax paper
- Tape your circle to the covered cardboard
- Scoop out some of your spackling into a bowl (you will need about 1 cup per mug topper) and mix in the paint color of your choice!
- Put your large star tip in your pastry bag or use the disposal ones that come with tips
- Add your spackling mixture to the pastry bag and now you get to make your topper!
- I found that it is best to put a small dollop of spackling in the middle of your circle. I let it dry for a few hours or more . You could also glue a piece of styrofoam or aluminum foil in the middle instead. Once your middle is set you can now add your spackling just like you are icing a cupcake.
- Now you can embellish with a straw , cinnamon stick, and decor
- Let it dry 24 hours
- You can now display your mugs . You may need to put a spot of hot glue on the top rim of your mug to secure it for displaying. Enjoy!
Mug Toppers⬇️⬇️Make them with me now⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
Posted by C Whimsy on Wednesday, September 23, 2020