Italian Chicken and Mushroom Recipe
Italian Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- 3 packages Italian dressing mix
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast in half the long way.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Turn the chicken, add butter and cook until the chicken is brown on the other side. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- In the skillet add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Spoon the mushrooms on top of the chicken in the baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine the soup, cream cheese and wine or chicken stock. Stir over medium-high heat until well blended and hot throughout. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!